the centre:mk ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting our website or otherwise using our services you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the data protection law, [the joint data controllers are Hermes CMK Nominees No.1 Limited and Hermes CMK Nominees No.2 Limited, both of ].
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site thecentremk.com (our site), by using our services, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order for a gift card,, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- information about the gift cards you have ordered, and how they have been used;
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the [order form OR registration form]);
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others, as well as market research organisations so we can ensure our services meet your needs. We do not disclose names, addresses, contact information or other similar details to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience; and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply any agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using the details below. You may also ask us not to process your data if you think it is inaccurate, or if you have objected to our use of it, or our processing of it is unlawful, or if we no longer require it but you need it for a legal claim.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you feel we have misused your data, you can contact us using the details below, or lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. You also have the right to ask us to correct your data which we hold if it is inaccurate, and to delete it if there is no compelling reason for us to hold it.
Where you have provided us with data and we process it using automated means on the basis of your consent or to perform a contract with you, you can request that we provide you that data in a structured, commonly used machine readable form.
Where we process your data on the basis of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to that processing. This is not an absolute right, and involves a balancing of our legitimate interests with your rights and interests, together with the safeguards we have in place regarding that processing.
Access to information
Data protection law gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with data protection law, and more information on this is available at the Information Commissioner’s Office website (ico.org.uk).