Sales Lead at Build-A-Bear
Job Title: Sales Lead
Reports to: Chief Workshop Manager
Position type: Hourly 12 hours per week
This job requires flexibility that works with the needs of the business.
The Sales Lead is an integral role that supports the store management team by effectively performing the responsibilities of a Leader on Duty by creating an Experience First® culture, and enhancing the customer’s experience while achieving the store sales goals.
Their partnership with the management team will enable them to gain the additional knowledge and skills required for career advancement.
The Sales Lead is expected to role model BABW Core values and Experience First® behaviours in all actions and interactions in order to create a positive guest and associate experience.
- Act as the Leader on Duty and consistently model the Experience First® standards and behaviours.
- Communicate clear expectations and hold the store team and self accountable for achieving all brand, performance and behaviour standards.
- Build effective relationships with associates, peers and supervisor to develop a high performing team and customer-centric culture.
- Delegates effectively with associate team.
- Maintains a positive and motivational style in all communication and actions to promote productivity and ownership
- Proactively seek personal learning and development opportunities to build leadership skills and enhance individual performance.
Drives for Results
- Supports the management team in the execution of the short and long term store business plans to drive results and maximises business opportunities.
- Energises associates as a role model Floor Leader to ensure proper coverage, exceptional Guest service, completion of daily tasks and adherence to company standards.
- Builds a highly satisfied and loyal customer base through engagement, conversion and capturing Guest information through the Build-A-Bear loyalty programme.
Builds High Performing Teams
- Assists in the training of associates on Experience First, sales, merchandising, and operational goals. Provides practical, timely and consistent feedback and coaching.
- Drives employee engagement by recognising and rewarding employees for outstanding performance.
Operates with Excellence
- Assists management team with payroll and timekeeping procedures. Audits daily clock in and clock out to ensure accuracy and compliance with BABW policies and procedures.
- Ensures store is Grand Opening ready always by following opening and closing procedures.
- Operates and maintains all IT systems in accordance with BABW policies and procedures.
- Adheres to and enforces all BABW store security and cash management policies and procedures.
- Communicates regularly with the management team, participates in productive team meetings.
- Assists CWM in compliance with all local legislation and regulations that govern the store’s operation.
- Uses good judgment and partners with his/ CWM to make necessary decisions within the company’s guidelines.
Executes the Brand Story
- Executes visual presentation standards using BABW visual standard guidelines and store presentation tools.
- Maintains impeccable housekeeping and maintenance standards.
- Consistently delivers a wow guest experience as a role model bear builder even when not the leader on duty.
- Ideal candidate is a BABW associate with a minimum of one + years of experience providing exceptional guest service in the workshop.
- Successfully passed at least 4 GCSEs at high school.
- Is ambitious and success oriented.
- Outstanding leadership and selling skills.
- Models personal and professional integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills, including verbal and written communication.
- Organised and planful; pays attention to details.
- Is flexible and adaptable in a fast paced work environment.
- Fosters a high energy environment and demonstrates an appreciation for children of all ages.
If you are interested please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org